Wednesday, March 6, 2013

For Donner's Girlfriend, Rainy Day Blues, 'Project 157'

It was one of those retro diners, complete with a jukebox and cliche’ fluorescent lighting.

The apple pie balance on my fork only made it halfway to my mouth as he walked into the diner. He was naked from head to toe.

Nonchalantly, but a looking a little haggard, he plopped down on a barstool and sighed. Sherry, the 67-year old ginger who ran the place, thought she had seen everything. But even she was shocked at this turn of events.

“Excuse me ma'am, can I borrow your phone? I’ve just been mugged.”

“Of course honey,” she replied, looking concerned, “And let me get you some coffee.”

I finally remembered the fork in my hand, and set it down. Grabbing my jacket, I walked over to the exposed stanger. “Here you are, you obviously need it more than I do.”

“Thanks very much.” He smiled. We sat together until the cops arrived, and he told his story.


End

1 comment: