Tuesday, March 12, 2013

For Ayesha, Wedding, 'Project 157'

Fresh - a soft and gentle breeze. Her hair tugged by the wind, her long white train trailing through the leaves.

White silk, so soft and bright. A brilliant twinkle in her green, green eyes.

For a moment I forgot my sweatiness, and my awkwardness melted away. My racing heart stilled, and our eyes locked.

I will never forget how it felt to see her walking towards me, her arm in her father’s arm, her bouquet held close.

Everything in my life became more important. Everything in that moment meant more.

The vows a meaningful, nervous blur; meant in heart if not remembered by mind. The rings cold on fingers, circles of silver gold.

That first kiss. Rushed, blushing, important. So very filled with love.

Wine and dancing, flowers, hugs from family and friends.

Then driving home in the rain so fresh, carrying her over the threshold. - Crap! I just banged her elbow on the door jam!


End

No comments:

Post a Comment