Monday, January 28, 2013

We Hadn't Seen Eachother Since College

I brushed her hair out of her eyes 
And I swear I didn't mean anything by it
But a few weeks later
And a few dinks later
And we were touching eachother
It came out of nowhere
And ended before I wished it to be over
But she's married
And regret is that sinking feeling of crushing guilt
Excuses are like vagabonds
We all tolerate them
Even though they smell like shit
Because we know it's not their fault
And like I said before
It really was an accident
Even though my hands had no problem
Moving up her leg and under her skirt
I think it was her captivating eyes
Or maybe her musical laugh
And I can't stand to imagine 
The red hand on her face when she tells
Or the tears streaming her mascara
And maybe a few weeks later
And some sleepless nights later
We'll see eachother again
Standing, stammering
In a grocery store perhaps
And we'll know that it's all over
We'll see it in eachother's eyes

End

No comments:

Post a Comment