Monday, May 5, 2014

So I Guess I'm Doing This Again

What a jumbled up wreck of pros and cons this whole adult thing has turned out to be
Wrestling competing priorities, identities, every new financial crises
Trying to balance my family, faith, friends, things, and personalities
And I love Jesus, but more like a lover would
Meaning passionately and in bursts, and then I want my space
I thought I was over this whole finding myself thing
But I'm learning there's much more to this existential crisis
For example I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up
So far, I don't think I really like being so responsible
There are definitely times where I would rather be out
Also, I refuse to believe that I'm supposed to spend my entire life evangelizing
Seems like I could run around the whole time and not see the forest for the trees
And miss out on the whole birds and the bees thing
And miss out on the whole old-earth bigger picture of our relationship to the universe
And dismiss whole communities of people that I would otherwise never meet
I know my mom would probably flip out if she were to read this
But honestly, I'm scared shitless this short life is all I get
That heaven is all around us, and I better just get into it
Before the big take-backsies of all my matter and my energy
Shouldn't I bet with the house and make the most out of what evidence insists exists?
Then just be really happy and blown away if when we die there's more?
Seems like that's the way to go, yah know?
Live fast, die old, and be passionate and loving
Be present, be open, and be excited about each new thing
Deal best as I can with everything life throws at me
And be super fucking grateful that I get to share this whole adult thing with you

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment