Friday, December 21, 2012

Why I Really Hate Interviewing

The phone interview went so well.
By the time the call ended, I was stoked.
Today is the face-to-face interview.
Both of my eyelids are twitching.
If I'd have known that it would be today, I would have trimmed my hair. I tried to cut my nails this morning but couldn't find the clippers...

The Next Day

This is the worst part.
Replaying the interview in your head, over and over, dwelling on all the mistakes you made. The stupid things you said, your vague, inconsistent answers.
I just hope they liked me enough to see past how bad I really am at interviewing.
I hope they saw or heard something that turned them onto the idea of me working for them. Something unique.

Waiting for a call. It's Christmas week, so I've no idea if I will get a response before the first. I highly doubt it.
I guess it's just nose to the grindstone until then. I'll try to put it out of my head. Constantly thinking about it will just drive me crazy.

Dear Lord, if you want me to have this job... lean on them for me, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment