Saturday, May 26, 2012

Onioncorn: Disambiguation

The onioncorn is a particularly rare species of unicorn; it has shaggy, matted hair and bloodshot eyes. In many lesser known parts of the globe, its horn is prized as an unparalleled possession, not only for its culinary purposes, but also for the fact that the strong onion stench is potent enough to ward off large predatory animals. Because of this peculiar and potent odor, the onioncorn has few natural enemies besides humans. Nobody really knows how this genetic mutation occurred though many experts theorize that it may have something to do with their cousins the unioncorns, known throughout the fantasy world for restricting pay increases and vertical movement in blue collar jobs. Thankfully, all onioncorns, are born sterile, and thus pose less of a threat to the indigenous unicorn population.

Onioncorn: Disambiguation
Gabriel White, May 26th, 2012



Author's Notes: This guy just popped into my head while I was at work, I think I've been spending too much time around veggies. I'm not sure what I'm going to use him for though I think I may need him in one of the Barbershop Quartet books I am writing. The unioncorn may end up as a piece of street art later on...

No comments:

Post a Comment