Sunday, November 9, 2014

My Very Real Fears

I've been reading the web comic "Deep Dark Fears" and I realized that contrary to what I tell myself and others, I really am afraid of some things. So in the name of complete transparency, here are the ones I can think of, though I'm sure there's more.

I'm afraid: 
  • That all of my grown up teeth will fall out at the same time and I won't be able to replace them with anything because my gums will be rotten. 
  • That I will die and realize that everything I believed was a lie and I'm just awake in total blackness... Then I slowly realize this is hell. Nothing. Forever. Alone and awake.
  • That I will wake up and remember I don't have a family, that my wife and daughter was a lie I told myself to keep from being alone. 
  • That I'm secretly mentally disabled, but all of my friends and family play along to make me feel better. 
  • That I'm suddenly so fat I can't walk or fit through doors and I just have to lay in my bed and slowly die. 
  • That my daughter will lie and tell people I touched her and everyone will believe her and take her away from me and my wife will leave too. 
  • That I will die without ever having written something really good. 
  • That I will be swallowed up by the ground like the dream I had when I was a little kid. 

The end, for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment