Tuesday, June 4, 2013

For Deb, What's Three Months?, 'Project 157'

Jen sighed. “Yeah, I mean, Melissa had one after her last pregnancy, and they seem really happy.”
Terry frowned. “I don’t know, Tim and I have three kids of our own, and I wouldn’t trade them for anything. Besides, it’s a little far fetched to say that they’re still a part of the mother’s body after birth...”
Jen fired back, “Ha ha, that’s because you didn’t breastfeed. I mean, they just suck up so much of who you are, and they can’t really survive without you. And the sleepless nights?”

Terry thought for a little bit. 

The baby monitor next to the porch swing began emitting muffled cries. Jen got up and walked toward the front door. “Anyway, Brad and I have talked, and we just don’t think we be parents right now, despite what we thought before.”

Terry looked up at her, smiling again, “Yeah, and I guess there’s a lot less risk involved after birth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment